Thursday 10 July 2014

Spaniards + roundabouts = danger

I just have to get this off my chest...

Every day that I use roads to get from A to B, I risk my life a little more. I shouldnt say that just about roads in Spain, however for some reason the Spanish have a lack of understanding of how to navigate a roundabout.



Roundabouts are a relatively new thing over here and with the construction boom where more infrastructure was required quickly they just popped roundabouts in everywhere instead of 'give way' junctions or traffic lights.

I dont know if they are taught how to use roundabouts in their driving lessons over here but they certainly do not practise it. I have to pass around quite a few of them on my way to and from my shop and I could have had many accidents if I myself had not been prudent and vigilent. They just pull out in front of you even if you are indicating to leave the roundabout. And im probably going to make myself extremely unpopular by saying this, but the women are the worst!!! (Especially by not stopping for pedestrians at zebra crossings).

But then there are the inconsiderate drivers (usually male) who think that by gaining one or two car lengths by cutting you up or trying to nip into spaces that just dont exist will make their journey (and that of their fellow road users') easier. Shame on you.

Just be careful out there people.

Rant over. ;-)

I will post about something a bit more Alicante-related next time. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment