Sunday 5 July 2015

Street food event in Alicante

I went to check out the 'Alacant Street Food Market' yesterday afternoon which is an event running this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the grounds of the old bus station in the centre of Alicante.




There was a central stall on one side selling drinks and who also had the music pumping to appeal to the younger, hipster generation. There were about 10 caravans serving different treats from bacon butties (unfortunately not like the ones in the UK) to fried seaweed.  There was also a g&t stall and one serving up coffee and cakes.

I went there really hungry after I had closed the shop quite late but as it was the middle of the day, the sun was beating down and I could actually feel my arms sizzling as I held my camera steadily to take photos.  So as there was practically no shade and no cool air at all, I got back on my bike and went home for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment