Wednesday 21 August 2013

Summer moon over Alicante castle


It is a relatively fresh night here in Alicante giving us respite from the long, hot days.  So we just went out for a ride on the motorbike and ended up at the castle overlooking Alicante city.  The sky was cloudy for once and looked quite moody so I got my camera out.  Is it a full moon tonight?  It looked quite 'round' to me.



The castle in Alicante (Castillo Santa Barbara) is free to get in and there is parking at the top so if you fancy just heading up there to sit at the bar and check out the views, then it's a great thing to do.  If you don't have transport then there is an elevator that takes you right to the top but you have to pay for the service.  You can also walk up but it's a very steep climb and certainly not recommended in the midday sun!

I will post more about the castle, its history and what you can do there another day but for now I will just leave you with some photos I took from the castle this evening.






















No comments:

Post a Comment